Natalie's Reviews > Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

5241917
May 16, 12

Read in May, 2012

This book exceeded my expectations by far. I learned two lessons from this book.

1. As a nurse, it was very interesting to me to read the perspective of the patient, going through horrific emotional, physical and mental pain. What eased her pain? What were the characteristics of those who helped in her healing process. She gave great examples of both healers and non-healing experiences. I really learned from them and hope that I can be more conscious of how to better help others.

2. Faith can come in different stages. At the beginning of her story (post-crash) her "job" was to be still and allow her body to heal. But as the story progressed she had to choose to move forward. DId she want to leave the hospital? Well, then she had to get up and walk. Did she want her relationship with her daughter Jane to heal? Well, then she had to reach out over and over again.

Most of all, this is a story of hope. As human beings we have a great capacity to bounce back. It takes lots of patience, lots of caring hands, family, and friends but we can get through really really tough things.

My favorite point of the book: The scars are a witness of a miracle.

Don't we all have scars in some form or another? Let's not be ashamed of them, but be proud that we have overcome our various challenges.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven Is Here.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Haylee That was my favorite point of the book too. It really made me think about my imperfections in a different light.