Kellee's Reviews > Stupid Fast

Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach

1919931
This is one of those books that while reading I kept realizing, "I am not the target group for this book." This doesn't happen too often when reading YA, but every once in a while there is a very boy book that I read that I have trouble connecting to because, well, I am not and never was a teen boy. The great thing about Stupid Fast is how many different issues are going on. While I didn't connect to a lot of the boy stuff- lifting weights, brother stuff, puberty, etc. I very much connected with the psychological issues that were dealt with in this book- bullying, suicide, depression, abuse, love, friendship. And with such ease, Geoff Herbach intertwined all of this into a book that starts out seeming like it is going to be about football and ends being about football, but is about so much more in between.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stupid Fast.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yohanes (new) - added it

Yohanes I Disagree, I strongly believe that this book is for all groups, That any person could pick up this book and just fall in love with it. There was so much to take in, i agree with it differentiating between Track, Football, Problems at home, and losing friends. These are what makes this book so releatable to everyone.

message 2: by Kellee (last edited May 02, 2014 08:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kellee I agree. Very much. It is one of my favorite books. However, I, personally, didn't connect with it the way that teens (especially boys) would connect with it. That is all I was saying :)