WillowBe's Reviews > Local Custom

Local Custom by Sharon Lee

1842059
May 08, 12

Read in May, 2012

So this is sci-fi romance at it's best; Romance with a capital "R". The sweetest and tenderest hero I've read for along time. Maybe even ever, he made himself so Beta to her Alpha.

The most intersting element for me was the discomfort felt about the level of affection Daav expressed for Thom and the modes of expression. I love my M/M, but these interactions freaked me out, esp since they are first cousins. I kept telling myself "Get your mind out of the gutter!These are innocent expressions of caring among a diffrent culture. Stop with with prurience!". But alas, my mind is irreversably stained, so I instead became fascinated with it(Terrible, awful, dirty fanfic, anyone?).

For 15+, assuming they are well-acquainted with the facts of Life and Love. And though I loved Thoms's stalkerish devotion- a man who gives it all up for his woman, and has big violet eyes and a big, fat- wallet- what's not to like?- I would like very much to read more about Daav, who seems much more my speed. Requests to my local library will be made shortly!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Local Custom.