Nissanmama's Reviews > Archangel's Consort

Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh

May 08, 12

Read in November, 2010

Read it cover to cover in one day. It was...lovely. Truly. Without giving anything away, the action was nail-biting (seriously, I chewed off three nails toward the end of the book) and the steam was...on par with Judd's book out of Singh's Psy/Changling series. Intense is the best word for the entire work. Singh is such a good writer, not taking her readers for granted even though we like a little somethin' somethin' with our action and suspense. She's intelligent. I actually had to go look up three or four words. What was interesting to me as I read it straight through was how her writing is different for the Guild Hunter Series than it is for the Psy/Changling Series. She uses different vocabulary and intentionally creates a different feel in the writing. It's still distinctly her, but different in a way that lends itself to creating a feeling that goes with her alternate universe above the clouds and above the city, whereas the Changlings are grounded and intertwined with the earth on which they roam.

Raphael, still mysterious, becomes more likable and less self-absorbed while still being lethal. We get to grow along with Elena, baby step, by baby step. I can't wait for the next installment...good thing there is Hawke's book to look forward to in the interim.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Consort.