Planchette's Reviews > A Spoonful of Murder

A Spoonful of Murder by Connie Archer

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: cozy, mystery

Lucky is forced to return to her hometown and take over her parent's soup shop. But business gets iffy when a tourist with a less than stellar connection to her cook turns up dead.

Any ambivalence Lucky feels for staying in this small town is overrided once she gets motivated to protect her friend, and the reputation of her parent's restaurant.

I loved this book. In a word, it was delightful. I read it in less than three days. The story pulled me through. Most of all, it was just what I was in the mood for - a village mystery. If I had to guess where Snowflake was, I'd say it was a ride into the mountains from Cabot Cove. It made me hungry, and I felt fully satisfied by the ending.

If you are a mystery fan, you will recognize the classic uses of misdirection, such as moral ambiguity, games with time, innocent and proximal suspects and other red herrings - but I don't want to be a spoiler. Just suspend disbelief and enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Spoonful of Murder.