Alexis's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

May 21, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: fans of love and fantasy stories, YA readers
Read from May 08 to 14, 2012 , read count: 1

This book was one of the best books I have ever read.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't start out praising it. It was not a perfect book. And if you ever do read a perfect book, please tell me.

The book opens on a young girl, Celia, who, is, without her knowing it, (view spoiler)

The book was wonderful, full of love, mystery, and imagery. Some of the GoodReader reviewers (okay, mostly all) thought it was a boring, uneventful book. I thought it was much more. I will recommend it to basically anyone, I know it's cliche, but it has "something in it for everyone." There's the mystery, the love, and the fantasy.

There were just a couple things that I need cleared up on, though. If anyone knows the answer, reply and tell me!
But....there's gonna be a movie!!!!!!!!!! Proof below!
(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

Quotes Alexis Liked

Erin Morgenstern
“The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones.”

Erin Morgenstern
“Secrets have power. And that power diminishes when they are shared, so they are best kept and kept well. Sharing secrets, real secrets, important ones, with even one other person, will change them. Writing them down is worse, because who can tell how many eyes might see them inscribed on paper, no matter how careful you might be with it. So it's really best to keep your secrets when you have them, for their own good, as well as yours.”

Erin Morgenstern
“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows that they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.”

05/11 page 136
35.0% "So good so far! My ballerina bookmark is dancing through the pages because I'm reading so fast!"
10/08 marked as: read