Johanna's Reviews > One-Night Stan's

One-Night Stan's by Greg Sisco

May 08, 12

I've been a follower of Greg Sisco's work for a lil while now. I knew right away when I clicked on his website url I'd find something interesting, but when I actually started reading his work, I realized he was a true gem. I'm not someone who gives compliments for the sake of being nice. I hate being nice actually. It's way too much work. But hey, this guy deserves recognition because he's gifted. He's funny, smart and crazy. His stories belong to another world, a malicious, witty, hilarious and addictive world. His words are better than alcohol, drugs and great sex combined. I loved Thicker than Water, and I loved One Night Stan's.

What would you do if you got a hold of $250,000 by accident after spending all your paycheck money at a cheap strip joint because you're too lame to get yourself a real girlfriend? I'm not a guy, but I imagine I'd keep it. If it no one claims it's their dough, why bother looking for a legitimate owner - possibly mobster or serial killer - fate decided of my future and I'll end up on a sunny beach sipping a cool fresh fruit margarita with my toes in the whitest sand you've ever found... Does it sound too good to be true? After too many drinks, no, it doesn't.

One Night Stan's takes you on a ride, and what a ride. It's bloody, it's gruesome, it's gross, and mostly, it's funny. Greg Sisco achieved once again a story meant to be read and re-read. I'd love to see the One Night Stan's movie. I'm pretty convinced it'd become a cult-classic.

So what are you waiting for? Move your a** and buy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One-Night Stan's.