Claire McAlpine's Reviews > Sister

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

May 13, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read from May 08 to 13, 2012

A gripping novel and an interesting feat, to write a cross genre book crime/thriller in the second person. Being aware of this, it did overstimulate my own imagination, wondering about all the ways this narrator might turn out to be unreliable or flawed and of course was trying to guess the twist, but totally out of the blue surprised by it when it came.

Vastly enjoyable and just what I needed after two weeks of slow reading the same book previous to this. I will definitely be reading her second book, which some have liked even more than this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sister.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ruby Soames I also really enjoyed 'Sister' though was a little surprised that it's become such a mega-international bestseller; however, I really didn't like her next novel, so will be interested to read what you think of it.

Claire McAlpine I enjoyed it especially after the very slow read before it, but you are right, some books just seem to have their stars in alignment, from all the book blurbs I thought maybe there would be some great use of language, but its not this that intrigues, its perhaps the novelty of it, succeeding in writing a cross genre psychological thriller in a unique narrative style thats very readable and local.
What it means, is keep going Ruby!