Kait's Reviews > Your God Is Too Safe: Rediscovering the Wonder of a God You Can't Control

Your God Is Too Safe by Mark Buchanan

Sep 11, 2008

bookshelves: christianity, non-fiction
Recommended for: Hanna
Read in April, 2009 , read count: 1

I think it's unfair to say "this book was great", because each reaction to it will be so individualistic. Sure, the writing was easy to read, the editing process certainly did it's job... but was it good? Well, that all depends on what I do with the information, how my life changes.

I found Buchanan deeply profound. He spoke to directly where I am, and inspired me to leave that place, this Boarderlands as he calls it, and to take my Christian faith just a little bit further, just a little bit closer to God.

I think this will be a book that I come back to again and again - a constant re-addressing my spiritual sloth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your God Is Too Safe.

Quotes Kait Liked

Mark Buchanan
“Sometimes doubting is not a lack of faith, but an expression of it. Sometimes to doubt is to merely insist that God be taken seriously not frivolously, to insist that our faith is placed in and upheld by something other than seeming conjuring tricks.”
Mark Buchanan, Your God Is Too Safe