Tabby - IMReviews's Reviews > Life on the Edge

Life on the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux

May 18, 12

Read in April, 2012

See Original Review @Tabby @Insightful Minds

I took several different things away from this book. The main one being a better understanding of a sport that I love to watch. :) I also took away a story that leaves you rooting for someone even when you don't realize that you are!

At just 18 years old, Emily is quickly becoming part of something huge. She is half of a world figure skating team, that if all goes right, is headed straight for the Olympics. Every girls dream right!?

Can we say perfectness?!

Insert the left field feelings that Emily suddenly finds herself feeling for her coach, Sergei. Her coach, of all people, and she is falling for him. One would think this is awesome because they get to spend all that time together. Tell that to the partner, Chris, who just happens to have his own feelings for Emily. Insert insane complications here.

As you turn the pages, you watch as Emily and Sergei battle through all the emotions that come with their situation. Do we hide the feelings. No, we act one them. No, we hide them. Is this right? Can we do this? Should we do this? Am I willing to give up my dream? Is this worth it? While working through all of these things, they suddenly find themselves at an impasse, and everything is suddenly on that line they were trying to hard to avoid. Can they save it?

One thing I would have liked to see more of in this book is the drama concerning Chris. I realize he is the partner and that would have been an "obvious" move, but I felt there could have been more conflict about this where he was concerned. Aside from this small thing, I freaking loved this book.

Jennifer brings you a truly heartfelt story that you cannot help but get into. You could tell from the first couple of chapters that this one was very researched book, which made everything more enjoyable for me as a reader. You get everything in this book. Struggle, emotions, heartbreak, romance, real life problems, and watching some achieve their goal come hell or high water. Not to mention that the characters internal monologues were amazing and gave me so much more insight to their character. I can't wait for the second book to read more about these two!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life on the Edge.