Orlane's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

6742098
Aug 04, 13

bookshelves: 2012, new-adult
Read from July 29 to 31, 2013

This book was marvelous ! WOW, it blew my mind.

I had high expectations when I purchased this book but I also heard mixed reviews. So, I became a little bit reluctant to read it, since I didn't want to be disappointed in this one. Oh my !!! How wrong was I ! This is an amazing book.

This is very hard to explain all the feelings I have regarding this book.

We have two narrators in this novel: Echo and Noah. I liked that a whole lot, because you can identify with them better, and also understand their actions because you know their thoughts, feelings and background.

And what a background ! Let me tell you these characters have issues, but they manage them as well as they can and I found that very brave of them. They try to get back on the right track.

I also loved the side characters especially Beth and Isaiah, but also Mrs Collins and Lila. While reading, you can actually feel that the author put great care into creating her secondary characters, because they are very important for the plot and the characterization of our protagonists.

I also liked the plot a whole lot and the fact that both Noah and echo have something to figure out and to take care of in order to be free and happy.

Finally, I must say that I had no problem with the writing style. Indeed, it felt right and it was gripping: every time I picked this book up, my mind didn't want to let go.

Overall, this is a wonderful read. This is a contemporary book with depth -an essential aspect. So, if you're wondering whether or not checking it out, I strongly encourage you to go ahead (no matter what the others say).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

07/29/2013 marked as: currently-reading
07/30/2013 page 212
54.0% "Love it so far! WOW !!!"
08/04/2013 marked as: read