Victor Gentile's Reviews > Cuts Like a Knife

Cuts Like a Knife by M.K. Gilroy

May 10, 12

Read in May, 2012

M. K. Gilroy in his new book, “Cuts Like a Knife” published by Worthy Publishing brings us a contemporary thriller.

From the back cover: Kristen Conner goes undercover to catch a serial killer who chooses his victims in the most unlikely of places… only to discover she is his new target.
Chicago has a new resident: a soulless killer on a decade-long murder spree. When a young woman is found dead in her fashionable townhome, the FBI is convinced an elusive, organized killer is at work again–a man the local press has dubbed the Cutter Shark.
Detective Kristen Conner is a good cop and tough as they come–but she’s never faced an adversary like this. Her life is centered on faith and family: she coaches her niece’s soccer team, always shows up hungry for family dinner, and only misses church when fighting with her mom and glamorous TV news reporter sister – or when hunting a desperate criminal before he strikes again.

From the opening chase that brings Kristen to knifepoint in a dark alley to the concluding moments where she comes face-to-face with the hauntingly familiar serial killer, Cuts Like a Knife, is loaded with action, suspense, humor and wry introspection through the voice of its irrepressible lead character.

I believe the hardest stories to tell are those that are written in first-person narrative. The only information that the writer can supply the reader has to come through the narrator and has to be biased the way the narrator is biased. If the narrator hates her sister then the narrator cannot tell the reader that the sister is doing wonderful things. Not only did Mr. Gilroy pull off the first-person narrative brilliantly he did it twice. Once in the voice of Kristen Conner and twice, in the voice of the killer. Two separate characters, two separate voices, perfectly executed. “Cuts Like a Knife” is a remarkable thriller that will keep you guessing as you are flipping pages as fast as you can. Mr. Gilroy has done an outstanding job of bringing Kristen and the serial killer to life on these pages. I liked this book and recommend it highly! I am really looking forward to more stories from M. K. Gilroy.

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free from Wynn-Wynn Media for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cuts Like a Knife.