Tara Fuller's Reviews > The Hunt

The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda

May 08, 12

Read on May 08, 2012

I loved how completely unique this story was. Truly a much different twist on the vampire stories we see again and again. One: the story is told from a male's POV which I love. Gene was a great character that I no trouble connecting with. Two: We have this vampire plot that is flip flopped from what we normally see. In this story humans are the minority and vampires have the numbers. I am so used to seeing books with a vampire trying to hide and fit into a human society that seeing the roles reversed was really interesting. For Gene the tables are turned and he has to pretend to be a vampire to survive, going to lengths as extreme as wearing fake teeth and concealing his human smell. Three: The cover. I usually don’t mention the cover in a review, but I have to say they got it right with this book. The cover was the first thing that made me want to read this book, and the story inside didn’t disappoint.
Overall I say this was a well written book with a fresh and interesting plot line. I’d recommend to anyone who likes paranormal suspense or is looking for a new vampire book that totally breaks out of the box.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt.