Marissa's Reviews > Stealing Breath

Stealing Breath by Joanne Brothwell

May 08, 2012

This was an amazing story! I loved every page. One thing that drew me in was how Ms. Brothwell was just so descriptive. She has a beautiful writing style, very impressive. From page one, there are very good descriptions of the settings, the characters, and especially Sarah’s feelings, her sense of empathy; it was very well written out and understandable. The story is from Sarah’s point of view, and I really liked that, as again, we understand what she feels when she is feeling other people’s emotions. From the first chapter, we are sucked in an intense scene and it was great to be already in the action, and the first chapter has you guessing and intrigued, and on your toes with Sarah, as her empathy pulls her to something she would have never expected. What I also liked in this story was Evan Valente. He just seems like...Wow... I instantly, instantly liked him, but I also got that there was something mysterious about him, and you will see what he is holding back from Sarah. Their romance was hmm very electrifying. Brothwell writes some great scenes, that shows how well Sarah and Evan connect. This is a highly recommended novel!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Breath.