Jeff O'Brien's Reviews > All The Pretty Dead Girls

All The Pretty Dead Girls by John  Manning

May 07, 12

Read on May 07, 2012

You'd think I'd have nothing negative to say about a book I gave 5 stars to. Well, I have two negative comments. But they have nothing really to do with the story.
1. All The Pretty Dead Girls is a VERY misleading title. If you're expecting an 80's Sorority House Slasher movie in novel form, which the title is suggestive of, that is not even close to what you're getting here.
2. This book has a few too many typos and words missing from sentences. Since that's the editor's job I don't hold it against the author and do my best not to let it distract me.

This is the first John Manning book I've ever read and I think this author might be exactly what I've been looking for. Brilliant, dark, suspenseful supernatural horror with demons and spirits and all that good stuff. He throws in just the right amount of political/religious commentary and does it very well. (If you're a right wing conservative, don't bother with this one. Or do bother with it, and think about what a douchenozzle you are.)

The last 150 pages of this book were a nonstop train ride at 6000 miles per hour and the end was nothing short of touching and satisfying. I sincerely hope you enjoy this book even half as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All The Pretty Dead Girls.