Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Wicked as She Wants

Read in April, 2013

*Genre* Steampunk, Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 3.5

*First Thoughts*

Wicked as She Wants is the second book in the Blud series and offers up to readers Freesian Blud Princess Ahnastasia Feodor as well as Stranger, Human, & Maestro Casper Sterling who had a bit part in Wicked as They Come before losing out to Criminy Stain for Tish's affections and disappearing.

Ahnastasia is absolutely nothing like Tish was which makes me love Tish even more. She's a born Blud Princess who finds that she's been stuffed into a suitcase and drained of her blood. When she wakes far from home, and finds that she's at the mercy of Casper Sterling and his sidekick Keen. Like Sterling, Keen is also a Human/Stranger from Earth who somehow ended up in Sang and on the streets of London. I liked Keen, a lot, but I really would like to know how old she is, and how she ended up in Sang in the first place.

There is a Criminy and Letitia (Tish) sighting in this book, but it was so small and almost insignificant except for the part where Tish and Criminy are apparently married and Tish gives something to Ahna that eventually helps her with a situation with Casper. I really would like to know the time lapse between the two books as well. How much time has really passed? Is Tish still going back and forth between Earth and Sang? Is she becoming like Casper half-Blud?

For those who enjoy steamy sex scenes, Dawson gives you plenty to sink your teeth into. I would rate it right up there with the infamous Chapter 32 in the Bones and Cat series.

The third book in the Blud series is called Wicked After Midnight and features yet another new character Criminy's bludded protégé, Stranger Demi Ward.

ARC courtesy of Pocket Books via Edelweiss
Expected publication: April 30th 2013 by Pocket Books
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked as She Wants.

04/28/2013 marked as: currently-reading