◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj (Semi-Hiatus)'s Reviews > Destroy Me

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Tahereh Mafi.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY FEELINGS?!

Ok. So.

While reading Shatter Me, I was not a fan of Warner. Not at all. I can definitely see why so many other people loved him - I've fallen in love with crazy, evil guys many times before. But Warner? I despised him for what he was doing to Juliette. So when I heard that Tahereh Mafi was writing a novella from his POV, I wasn't exactly jumping up and down in excitement. I was excited for the story, but not for Warner.

And now, after finishing the story, I don't know what to feel.

Being inside Warner's head was very...different. I understand him a lot more now. I get why he's like this, which is because of his horrible father, who in my opinion, is an asshole. So it's not entirely Warner's fault he's so...corrupted. Because that's how he's been raised. Also, I believe now that he may actually love Juliette for real. In Shatter Me, it seemed like he was more in love with her power than her. But now, I can see why he'd be so attached to her. Warner...he just surprised me so much here.

So, do I still hate Warner? No. Do I like him? Still, no. But I'm willing to understand and get to know him more. He is such a complex character that you just never know what else you might find.

Now, I only have one small request...

PLEASE RELEASE UNRAVEL ME NAOW. SERIOUSLY, NAOW! I BEG OF YOU.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destroy Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear SHE WILL CHOOSE ME.
Oh crap. xD
Im excited to read this! even though IM TEAM ADAM. <3
I may change my POV on him.
We'll have to wait and seeeee.

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) That line gives me the creeps. 0.0

I've always disliked Warner, but after reading this...I may not dislike him as much as before.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL MY BRAIN IS CRYING.

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear LOL. SAME.

I have always been TEAM ADAM.
But I've heard from so many people that they changed their views on Warner!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH O.O

WHAT TO DO DEAR LORD.

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear ALSO.

LISTENING TO THIS.

I AM HOOKED. You should check my fangirl post! :D

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) Ah, well, it'll take a lot more for me to love Warner. Which I'm looking forward to in the next books!

OMFG A.N.JELL! Ah, those good old days. I'm re-watching the drama right now, actually XD. YONGHWAAAAAA! I loved him in Heartstrings, though the drama overall was just okay. *shrugs*

message 6: by Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear (last edited Oct 08, 2012 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear SAME. Im just eager to see what's in his head!
Cant wait to read it though!

OMO. YOUR BEAUTIFUL
Im on the 6th episode!
Well Im gonna start it once Im done with this stupid project. ;P

I LOVE SHIN WOO.

THAT IS ALL.

No one say anything bad about my baby. :') <3

I LOVES HIM SO VERY MUCH. <3333

He reminds me so much of Ji Hoo that I feel like crying! :')
I MISS MY JI HOO. <3

And then once again-- another BOF love-triangle emerges, and the girl goes to the arrogant, hot-head bad-boy.
Go Mi Nyu can go jump up Tae Kyung's ass.

I WANT SHIN WOO. <3

Not that I hate Tae Kyung-- but just Shin Woo is just so damn sweet and cute.
AND SEXY. I totally ship him with Mi nam.

tho Im guessing she doesnt end up with him. :(

BUT-

I CANT WAIT TO SEE HEARTSTRINGS AND HEAL MY ACHING HEART!!! :'D :'D

YAYAYAYAY. :D

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) LOL You're so animated. Not that it's a bad thing! =P

I know what you mean, Shinwoo is awesome. Yongwha needs to be in more lead roles, like Heartrings, so he won't be the "second guy" and actually get the girl!

Omfg, Go Minam (I know that's her brothers name, but I'm used to calling her that) annoyed me so much! She's so freakin' dumb. I know she's like that because she lived in an orphanage, but still. I don't like the actress in particular, to be honest. What do you think?

Ooooh, and you should watch Jang Geun Suk's (the guy playing Taeykyung) other drama, Mary Stayed Out All Night! It's so damn good! LOL sorry I'm bombarding you with all these dramas =P.

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear LOL. Umm, HEH. Thanks! I think its the coffee. :D

SHINWOO IS BEAUTIFUL. <3 --> I love you foreverrr! Hee. xD

LOL. I KNOW RIGHT?
she's so frickin' dense sometimes I want to do a karate chop on her head! :P

Do sexy asian guys really like girls like that? Oh God. Im lost. ...

ooooh! I'LL SURELY GIVE IT A GO. <3
Is his character different in that drama?

I cant wait till he badly falls for the girl in Your Beautiful,and kicks out the emo persona and is all confused, smiley, and romancy and lovey dovey and cuteeee---

OKAY. I'll stop now.

Lol, nah! I should be thanking you for this!
I AM IN LOVE WITH KDRAMAS NOW.

My life would not have been complete without this!

OH OH. And that biotch with the long legs gets on my nerves so much! I JUST SAW THE PREVIEW AND Tae Kyung kisses her for some -I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BUT ITS PROLLY APART OF HIS PLAN- reason in front of the reporters. And then Go Mi Naam sees. ARRRRGH. :P

I MAY JUST KILL SOMEONE.

message 9: by ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) (last edited Oct 08, 2012 05:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) *sigh* Unfortunetly, there are a lot of dramas with a dense girl as the main character who all the guys fall in love with. But in those situations, I just focus on the hot guys instead =P.

Oh, you will definitely love Taekyung later on! He doesn't exactly become all lovey dovey - but he isn't mean to Go Mi Nam all that much. His character in Mary Stayed Out All Night is different than You're Beautiful. He's a rocker in that one! And really hot. *grins*

You're talking about Uee, right? Yeah, she's a bitch. I hated how she was so nosy - it's none of her bussiness what goes on in A.N.JELL! Ugh.

message 10: by Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear (last edited Oct 08, 2012 05:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear OH YEAH. IM CLOSE ENOUGH TO CHOKE THAT HOE.

LOL. Yes that's true unfortunately. So many girls are like that! Out of all of them, I kinda liked Jan Di the most-- 'cuz she was kinda head-strong and independent when the situation called for it.
But the rest of them. Blah. :P
The guys are AMAZING. AS ALWAYS. <3

Go Mi Nam, in Heartstrings I heard is kinda strong and cool.. Is that true?

Oooo OKAY. I will check out Mary Stayed Out All Night! WHEN IM DONE WITH
Panda and Hedgehog -- last epi!!!
City Hunter -- I know I suck for not watching this yet.
Heartstrings. AND--
Maybe even Faith.

Also, Im so in love with all the songs in the dramas I've watched so far! The BOF songs are AMAZING.
And the songs in To The Beautiful You *WEEPS* are soooo gooooood too. <3
I listen to all of them every day!
Im thinking of starting to listen to Super Junior as well.
Mostly cuz it has DONGHAE in it! *sqeeeeee* (;
and their song KRY SKY is niice!

message 11: by ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) (last edited Oct 08, 2012 05:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) Agree, Jan Di is the best! God, I miss her.

In Heartstrings, she's definitely better. At first her character is a bit dumb and clingy, but she gets better later on. I think you'll like her.

OMFG I'm just a few episodes away from finishing this drama, and then I'm gonna be all over Panda and Hedgehog! I'm a bit tired of watching dramas about cooking though. Oh well. Donghae is all that matters. He's pretty hot, isn't he? Super Junior is pretty awesome, but they're not my favourite group.

And I love drama OST's as well! They're so dang good! There's this one song I love the most, but you have to watch the drama to truly get it. I'll tell you about it when you're not so occupied with all these dramas. You know, it's great talking about dramas with another fanatic besides my sister for a change =D.

Aqsa Raffe Pooky Bear I love Jan Di and her high-kicks. :D

Oh, Thank God. I really do hope I like her!
'Cuz she eats my brain in this one!

OMFG. Panda and Hedgehog! It's REALLY cheesy! but it's also SO SO CUTE! <3 Some of the scenes just make you want to kiss that person!
Oh- just a heads-up! Panda MAY get on your nerves! She isnt such a great actress. BLAH. I kinda got annoyed by her. BUT Donghae aka Hedgehog, totally made up for her crapiness! <3 Him and the other guy are amazing! ALSO the grandpa is a darling! <3
You'll like it!
AND THE DESSERTS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. I GET CALORIES JUST LOOKING AT THEM. :D

Me too! I've liked all the OST's of the dramas I've watched.
LOL. Another drama JooJoo? xD
Haha! Sure! YES.

It's really really awesome talking to someone who's a big fan of kdramas! NONE of my friends really watch them! But-- I've started recommending the dramas to my friends, and two of them watched BOF and TTBY and they loved them!

Let me know of all the dramas when Im done with these ones! Speaking of which!
Off to watch Jeremy be a cutie! Shin Woo brood over Go Mi Nam. Tae Kyung be sexy emo. and Go Mi Nam be-- well... Weird.xD

message 13: by ◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) (last edited Oct 08, 2012 09:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj (Semi-Hiatus) Really? Oh well, I'm used to annoying actresses. I'll only look out for Donghae. And I'm gonna eat some sweets while watching this drama, because I know I'll get hungry XP.

LOL I only have one friend who I talk about dramas with, but because of her going to school, we haven't been able to talk much. Keep spreading the kdrama fever to all of your friends! KDRAMAS MUST TAKE OVER THE WORLD! *raises fist*

I have this loooooong list of all the dramas I've ever watched. I'll definitely tell you about more of them later =D. Have fun watching You're Beautiful!