Chris Salisbury's Reviews > Travel Team

Travel Team by Mike Lupica

U_50x66
May 07, 12

Read on May 07, 2012

I read the book "travel team" by Mike Luupica. The story takes place in Middletown, New York. This is a city on Long Island.The main character is Danny Walker. He is a twelve year old boy who lives only with his mom, and his dad used to play NBA basketball for the Warriors. Danny is a little short for his age, but he has played basketball all his life still. So when tryouts come around for the 8th grade travel team, Danny is eager to make the team. I thought this part was very suspenful because the author leaves yo guessing if he will live up to his fathers abilities. A part i found very interesting is when Danny does not make the team his father makes a bold decision in starting his own travel team.
In my opinion, the author achieved his goal of letting kids know that you are not limited, even if you are a little shorter than everyone else, you can still be one of the greatest. Richie Walker played in the pros and he was a little short too. But he was still able to do it.

This is an swesome book to read if you are a basketball fan and i recommend it to all teens and even adults!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Travel Team.