Siri's Reviews > Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul

Onward by Howard Schultz

May 07, 12

Read in April, 2012

i've always been a client of Starbucks. Over the years i have questioned my loyalty to the consistency of the brand based on its ubiquitous presence and large corporate-seeming personality especially in the face of friends promoting the idea of supporting the local mom-and-pop coffee shops--which only sometimes have better coffee and more often than not do not. After reading Onward, i feel more strongly than ever about maintaining and increasing my support of Starbucks stores. he was a mom-and-pop store who made it big and that is to be rewarded. As a business owner myself, i know what that means and as such there were many points of relatability in the book as well as many lessons to learn that can be applied personally and to the company. it made me want to go out and buy Starbucks stock! This is a great insight and an interesting book about how to run an ethically-based business...i reinforced this notion of doing well by doing good.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Onward.