Katelyn's Reviews > The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls

The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher

May 07, 2012

bookshelves: sam
Read in May, 2012

I LOVED this book! I really enjoy books that mention other books. What could be better than a summer book club?! I enjoyed the characters, although I wish the author had been more complete in her picture of Wallis and Wallis' family life. I'm curious, you know? She gets you all interested and then doesn't really reveal anything. I found CeeCee hilarious, because I pictured her as a smarter version of Dahlia from the tv show Suburgatory. The characters didn't really like each other that much, but they all ended up hanging out and for the most part getting along. It was also very relaxing to read a novel set during a high schooler's summer vacation, a lot of which was spent at the pool. It took me back, although the pool setting made me think more of elementary school summer vacation.

If you like this book, try "Moxy Maxwell does not love Stuart Little", about a girl who has to read Stuart Little for summer reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls.