Elizabeth's Reviews > Priceless: A Novel on the Edge of the World

Priceless by Tom Davis

May 07, 12

Read on May 07, 2012

Priceless is another book that took me into the heartrending world of human trafficking, this time into the cold streets and corners of Russia. Here the reader meets Marina a young girl who was left in a Russian orphanage by her Mother, and who by trickery has landed in the inhumane world of human trafficking, she is dragged from one place to another and used as a piece of human "merchandise" by men, even "men of God" and is drugged, beaten, and starved, the storyline follow's a photojournalist Stuart, who is in Russia on assignment, to document the Aids epidemic, but instead becomes involved in the underground world of human trafficking to try to save Marina and girls like her.

This book was not one that i wanted to put down, it was very heart rending, and really took you deeper into the world of human trafficking which is a subject I have been trying to learn more about; my only dilemma was that I would have liked to have heard more of Marina's side of the story, but overall, it is a wonderful book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priceless.