Susan Ensey's Reviews > Different: Escaping the Competitive Herd

Different by Youngme Moon

Jun 26, 12

bookshelves: business
Read in May, 2012

I can understand why Youngme Moon's class at Harvard is popular. Not only does she reveal insights into how brands can succeed by being different She succeeds by being different. She presents new perspectives and approaches in an easy and engaging style that encouraged me, the reader to apply and play with the ideas.

I thought about Goodreads. One measure of success is that Members often say "Oh, I love Goodreads." It started with a sincere idea to help readers "Meet your next favorite book." It combines a free forum for people to share their recommendations using a social networking platform. It provides access to deeper and more meaningful information about books and authors that is powered by sophisticated web technology. Maybe it's somewhere between a mashup, a breakaway with a more human touch, and a bit of a reverse brand in that it is not a site that sells books.

I particularly liked the history and behind-the-scenes insights on familiar brands like In-N-Out Burger, IKEA and Harley-Davidson.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Different.