Rain ~miss kinky knickers~'s Reviews > Wicked Game

Wicked Game by Mercy Celeste

7194135
May 26, 12

bookshelves: bdsm, adult, contemporary-romance, wtf
Read from May 07 to 26, 2012

Um... so, this didn't start too well.
The heroine is sarcastic and angry, because... hm. And the hero is... because...

Skimming, skimming, sex scene.
Okay, what??
Whoa!

Right now, this feels like it needs another dimension. In a very bad way.
And, since my OCD will most definitely not let me just leave it unfinished, I'll give it a rest for... indefinite amount of time, 'til I'm able to give it a chance.
Hopefully, it'll turn out to be good.
Or at least bearable.

* review update *
So, my OCD kind of pushed me to finish this, aaaaaand...
It doesn't get any better. Unfortunately. I guess it's just one of those "everyone likes it but me" things. And one of those "detached" things (yep, again).
I simply couldn't warm up toward characters. It didn't feel right. I have no idea what the point's suppose to be.
On the one hand, there are some rather unnecessary additions to the story that seemed kind of out of place here.
On the other hand, it seemed to me that this story has a hard enough time holding itself together without any additional elements to cause confusion.
What's the motivation?
Where are the emotions?
What moves these people?
I'm utterly confused, and left hanging with all the questions and no answers. None whatsoever.
Too bad.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Game.

message 1: by ~ Becs ~ (new)

~ Becs ~ What the heck is that guy wearing?????

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ LOL! He's a pro football player (I'd say "rugby", but it's football in the USA right?). I suppose that's part of his... um... uniform?

message 3: by ~ Becs ~ (new)

~ Becs ~ Ah yes in america they call football soccer and rugby is football.

This is what rugby players look like in England

Photobucket

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Um... can I come to England? LOL!

message 5: by ~ Becs ~ (new)

~ Becs ~ I think he'd make a good Hunter - might have to add him to that thread!

message 6: by Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ (last edited May 07, 2012 12:13PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Oh, he'd be a perfect Hunter. Great idea, Becs!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter This was a DNF. I liked the beginning and then the first sex scene??? Then somehow it went down the drain--pretty annoying.

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Baba wrote: "This was a DNF. I liked the beginning and then the first sex scene??? Then somehow it went down the drain--pretty annoying."

Oh, that first sex scene, for some reason, made me think of Tate's “So my good girl’s gonna get dirty for me?”. Then I went ahead and re-read SD, so... it was all good. :)
Mercy Celeste is definitely not for me, though. I finished this, and I'm finished.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Rain Hart wrote: "Baba wrote: "This was a DNF. I liked the beginning and then the first sex scene??? Then somehow it went down the drain--pretty annoying."

Oh, that first sex scene, for some reason, made me think o..."

Actually, I thought that the first sex scene didn't fit. It was rather weird. Anyways, it's over. I didn't even rate the book. Just removed it.

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Baba wrote: "Rain Hart wrote: "Baba wrote: "This was a DNF. I liked the beginning and then the first sex scene??? Then somehow it went down the drain--pretty annoying."

Oh, that first sex scene, for some reaso..."

Well, nothing, from that very first sex scene on, felt like it fit there, so... that says it all.
Hey, there are still a lot of good books out there. That's what matters! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Rain Hart wrote: "Baba wrote: "Rain Hart wrote: "Baba wrote: "This was a DNF. I liked the beginning and then the first sex scene??? Then somehow it went down the drain--pretty annoying."

Oh, that first sex scene, f..."

Exactly. :)

Annette Becs wrote: "Ah yes in america they call football soccer and rugby is football.

This is what rugby players look like in England
I think I'am in lust.

"

Rain wrote: "LOL! He's a pro football player (I'd say "rugby", but it's football in the USA right?). I suppose that's part of his... um... uniform?"

message 13: by Ariana (new) - added it

Ariana i have OCD too

message 14: by Faz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faz whose Tate? the only thing i dont like about the book is the cover with the orange pants. otherwise its awesome. in RSA we have rugby and soccer as well and in all sports theres hotties man. daniel carter, daniel con, tom brady...