Laura's Reviews > All The Wrong Reasons

All The Wrong Reasons by J.L. Paul

May 07, 12

Read in May, 2012

This was not my style of writing at all. I'm confused about how many good reviews this book has - I wish I hadn't bothered to finish it, but I was just waiting for it to get good!

The relationships between the characters and the characters themselves are completely unrealistic. The main character was just awful...and yet the reader is supposed to accept everyone else thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread. I was not at all convinced by the romance between the two leads. In fact, if a girl really had sex with you before she'd even bothered having a proper conversation with you, you'd think she was a trollop and have no respect for her at all. Even if you managed to overcome that, you would not consider entering a relationship with someone who is such an easy lay. There would be no trust. Lucas had no morals whatsoever and was pretty pathetic from start to finish.

But above all, the story was irresponsible to the point I'm surprised the author managed to get it published. Believe me, I'm no prude, but casual teenage sex...with strangers who don't even know if you're legal yet, cheating and not being able to remember if you used a condom or not... I DON'T GET WHY THAT MAKES A GOOD 'ROMANCE'!

I've obviously missed the point here so I'm just going to swiftly move on now and avoid this author in future.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All The Wrong Reasons.

Atmika I agree with you 100%