Tyra Berger's Reviews > Marked

Marked by Elisabeth Naughton

Jan 11, 13

bookshelves: 2012
Read in May, 2012

Now you all know that I really love the first book in a series, unlike some of the others here that shall not be named.(cough..Jenn...Kim...cough) I like entering a new world and learning the rules and finding out how they differ from others books that are of the same ilk. Some authors are really good at this and then some just don't quite hit the mark...Ms. Naughton hits it out of the park. She is a master at blending the story and the history together so that you don't even realize that you are absorbing the information. this series is a unique blend of the Greek mythologies that we know with a new modern twist to them.

Marked is packed with action right from the beginning and it just doesn't stop. The world came alive in my mind with Ms. Naughton's descriptive words and imaginative storytelling. With a plethora of colorful secondary characters it's not hard to imagine that this series will be around for a while. And with the way things ended there is no telling which way she is going to take us but I for one am along for the ride.

So let's see...super alpha sexy hero, kick ass I am not gonna sit around waiting for you to save me heroine, brooding, moody secondary characters and Gods that are BAD. Yep sign me up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.