Book Him Danno's Reviews > Craig Claiborne and the American Food Renaissance: The Turbulent Life and Fine Times of the Man Who Changed the Way We Eat

Craig Claiborne and the American Food Renaissance by Thomas McNamee

May 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012, books-sent-by-author-publisher-for
Read on May 07, 2012

If you love to eat this is the book for you. I love food, especially good food that is homemade and tasty. Fast-food is not a favorite of mine and store bought items taste store bought and processed. I love making food from scratch and trying different and new recipes all the time. So reading about food that is incredible and expensive makes my mouth water. Yum this book describes Craig Clairborne’s job as a food critic for the New York Times, food is central to this book along with Craig’s life.

Craig had quite a life and this book goes into extreme detail about his problems, adventures and triumphs. I enjoyed the part about the people and relationships in his life and the celebrities he worked with and met along the way. His life was magical at times and mediocre at others. His health was a major issue later in life and maybe all the eating and drinking wasn’t the best for him. But the way he led his professional life really did change the way we eat now. Look at the Food Network and the celebrity chef’s we watch on other networks. Who doesn't love Iron Chef? Cooking and eating is more about the relationships we cook with and for then about the food.

We all love to eat…look at your waist-line if you don’t believe me. Food is central in most of our lives. Family dinner, holiday parties, celebration dinners, wedding receptions and much more revolve around food. This book is an interesting look at the one life that changed the way we think and eat.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Craig Claiborne and the American Food Renaissance.