May Lopez's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

F_50x66
May 07, 12

Read in April, 2012

I really enjoyed reading the trilogy, though I have to admit that I ended up reading it all at once, as if it were one big book on my e-reader!

I like getting lost in the setting of the books and cannot enjoy a book by tearing it into little pieces to see if it makes sense or it it's realistic, it's science fiction for crying out loud. It's not meant to be a true historical novel. So, if you didn't enjoy it it's because you were tearing it apart to find fault or you didn't like the gore (mutts etc).

I always enjoy a strong female lead in movies, books, plays, shows, bands etc., I enjoy getting lost in the world a writer has created and don't really question it much, even though I am aware of things which may seem odd, different, strange and think...hmmm...that's different. You are diving into someone else's world or someone else's painted world, so you have to be prepared that you may not agree or understand it, just accept and enjoy their "painting " or the ride into their world.

I enjoyed the characters in the book, though the movie really didn't have enough time to touch on all the characters and develop them, but Katniss I really enjoyed. Though she is very strong and a leader, she is still very naive in some areas and comes across soft (female softness, gentle) which makes for a well rounded person (character). I love Peeta's physical strength and yet very gentle character with determination.

It was an emotional roller-coaster of a ride and exhausting getting through to the end, with it's many twist's. But I'm reading it for the second time, at a much slower pace to see what I missed and throughly enjoy it vs. anxiously turning each page to see what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.