Patty's Reviews > Quiet in His Presence: Experiencing God's Love through Silent Prayer

Quiet in His Presence by Jan Harris

1020899
Sep 10, 08

bookshelves: 2008, christianity, contemplation, non-fiction, prayer, religion, spirituality, women-writers, contemplative-prayer, meditation
Read in July, 2008, read count: 1

Such a wonderful and well written book. Definitely has a permanent place on my book shelf.

My only complaint about this book is the use of him, his, etc. G-d has no gender. I wish the title was Quiet in G-d's presence. However, this is a great intro to contemplative prayer. It was the right book for me, at the right time.

I have been following the ACTS model of praying for more than a year. It has been really helpful - my prayer life is much more directed and constant.

However, I have lost my quiet time with G-d over the last few years. I was trying to spend my walking with G-d, but that time has changed. Bill walks with me, which is good and then there is the cycling music.

Jan Harris lays out very simple rules for centering prayer. I just need to follow them.

If prayer is on your mind, read this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet in His Presence.