Robin Carter's Reviews > Hannibal: Enemy of Rome

Hannibal by Ben Kane

May 07, 12

After the excellent Forgotten Legion Trilogy I wondered what Ben Kane would treat us to next (and how long would it be before we can convince him to return to do book 4 of the Forgotten series).
When the Title was announced : Hannibal Enemy of Rome, i was really pleased, I had recently watched the BBC drama on Hannibal's trail in which three Australian brothers - Danny, Ben and Sam Wood - set out cycling on the trail of Hannibal, the Carthaginian warrior who marched from Spain to Rome at the head of an invading army accompanied by elephants.

Again it was yet another point in history I knew a little about, but not the detail, so this book and Ben Kane's excellent writing skills I knew would not only entertain me but also educate me, and this book delivers both of these things in spades, I read this book in a single sitting and was hugely upset when the book ended, a book full of Ben's usual great characters, great pace, fantastic writing of dialogue couple all of that with the fantastic fights scenes that Ben writes and any book Ben writes just leaps off the page.

The next book Spartacus due in Feb 2012 only has one flaw.....an 8 month wait!
Thank you Ben a great book....can you write faster. (Parm)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hannibal.