Katie Trenerowski's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

May 09, 12

bookshelves: ipad-ebook, movie-need-to-see
Read from May 06 to 09, 2012

I thought that this was a very charismatic, enchanting book for youth. It was a very clever way to "revamp" and put a modern twist on Greek mythology. I felt as though it helped explain different ancient Greek Myths in an easily understandable way for young people. Not only that, but it also helped make things more concrete and easier to remember.

Basic Synopsis:
Percy Jackson has always been different his whole life. He encounters weird people and finds himself in weird circumstances. Not until coming to a "half-blood" camp does he realize that he is "half-blood" of a Greek God: Poseidon. While attending camp, it comes to everyone's attention that Zeus' lightning bolt has been stolen & the accused is Poseidon. Percy takes on a great mission to recover the bolt and save his "dad" from Zeus' wrath & war betwixt the gods. Can he get the bolt in time? And how will he fare on his journey. Along the way he meets more mythological creatures and discovers more about himself.

Overall, I really did think that this was such a cute book. Obviously, very unbelievable - but such a fun read that i wish I had read this when I was in Junior High. Who knows, it may have helped me down the road in High School with all those mythology tests that I had.

I would rate this book a B: 4 stars
A+, A = 5 stars
A-, B+, B = 4 stars
B-, C+, C = 3 stars
C-, D+, D = 2 stars
D-. F = 1 star

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.