Kelly H. (Maybedog)'s Reviews > Black Wings

Black Wings by Christina Henry

May 15, 12

bookshelves: what-modern-fantasy, when-reviewed
Read in May, 2012

Great premise and there was lots of action but he heroine flu d herself unconscious and her head injured way too many times. I like Gabriel and I knew right away who her later second love interest would be and I didn't mind him. I was mad that they created a fun character at the beginning who is almost immediately killed and she barely even ack owl edges his death.

My biggest problem though, and I appear to be the only reviewer to mind this is that Maddie is morally ambiguous at best. She is confronted by fallen angels and her biggest problem with them is how controlling they are. She even refers to them just as "Angels" and differentiates between them and demons who are evil. Hunh? She mentions the archangel Michael as being good and that heaven really exists but she has little fear around lucifer and is brethren and keeps losing her temper. (Again not because they are unspeakably evil. It because of all their stupid laws.) this is clearly the Judeo-Christian mythos and if she's just annoyed with it then something is terribly wrong.

I did enjoy it and plan to read the next one but I need a little more emotion around the evil beings in her life.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Wings.