Hilary's Reviews > Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

May 09, 12

bookshelves: nook
Read from May 06 to 09, 2012

This book is divided into two parts: the first is more simple-living philosophy, and the second is a specific 10-day home cleanup. I absolutely loved the first part (5 stars) and really disliked the second part (1 star), so my rating is the average of the two.

I'm on a life simplification kick, and so the first part of the book really spoke to me. I think the author did a great job of summarizing the rationale behind and benefits of simple, intentional living. She has an exercise of creating a purpose statement that I found really helpful. The way she outlined our relationships with time, objects and people was spot-on. It was a really exciting, energizing read.

The second part of the book is, in my mind, quite misguided. It's basically a giant to-do list of household chores - the opposite of simple living, and completely unrealistic in terms of what someone could quickly accomplish. I'd recommend reading only the first part of the book, and then afterwards reading the FlyLady book (Sink Reflections) for actual advice on how to achieve a simple home.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Organized Simplicity.