Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick

May 08, 12

bookshelves: book-publisher-sent-me-to-review
Read from May 06 to 08, 2012

Daisy is a government project but not the kind of projects we normally read about. She isn't a mutant, she doesn't have any bad ass ninja skills, nor is she a vampire project taken on by the zombie overlord.

No.... Daisy is immortal.

No wait... Kinda.... Daisy can come back to life.

But not the way you think.... WITH REVIVE!!

Revive is a governmental experiment from the FDA used on a handful of kids that died in a bus accident back in 2001. If you die and it isn't mindblowingly brutal then chances are Revive can bring you back.

That's right!! With just a squirt from a needle... BOOM!! you are as good as new.

But watch out! You can still die...

but who cares!! As long as you live with two government agents then chances are they can Revive you.... right?

Daisy was carelessly attending her PE class when she got stung by a bumble bee. Dang bee!! HE made her look bad... cuz that dang thing stung her to DEATH!! ok ok... that sounds bad... Apparently Daisy is allergic to bees and it killed her. Her government agents who pose as her mom and dad went all "OH SNAP" and dressed up like EMS drivers and totally said "ZOMG! She's dead!! The bee killed her!" and when they put her in the ambulance they just gave her a jolt of Revive and it was time to move.

This has happened a lot through Daisy's life.

She can't get close to anyone because what happens if she does? It's not like she can tell them who she really is. Not everyone can get Revive. Only the handful of kids who 'died' on the bus and were brought back. Can you imagine the chaos that would happen if they learned Daisy's secret?

Daisy and her government agent fam decide to move to Nebraska after the bee stung her to death. I know... sounds pretty boring. Good old Nebraska.

(Greta is now wondering how many Nebraskans she just upset)

Daisy is all like "Oh yay! Nebraska!! Ummm.... uhhh.... hmmmm."

Needless to say she's totally stoked.

She goes to school and makes friends with a girl named Audrey. Audrey is super cool but not too many people hang out with her. Why? Well, you find out later.

While in school, Daisy is super duper smarty-pants so she takes classes meant for Juniors (she's a sophomore) and falls for a really cute guy who maybe likes her back. Maybe... wait... but who is he? Oh snap!! Audrey's brother!! Yeah baby!!

So, there ya go... a government project has the hots for the cute looking boy and is friends with a girl who doesn't have many friends.

It's pretty basic but the cool thing that made me squee is this is a standalone sci-fi novel that will leave you satisfied till the very last page.

And coming from someone as picky as me... that's totally saying something.

So, if you are into dark laboratories, cute boys, and giggly girls.... then go check this book out.

I promise you won't need Revive.... it won't bore you to DEATH :)

Paranormal Wastelands would like to thank the folks at Little, Brown, and Company for the awesome arc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.

05/06/2012 page 28
8.0% "So far so good!"
05/07/2012 page 104
31.0% "I wish they'd give more info about the bus crash... but that will probably be at the end of the book"
05/07/2012 page 135
40.0% "I look up and admire his face at close range. In the low light, his dark eyes are black, but there's nothing sinister about them. Our fingers are still intertwined, but our chests are no longer touching. I'm glad about that because my heart is racing. He breathes out and I breathe in."