Jacqueline's Reviews > The Edge of Courage

The Edge of Courage by Elaine Levine

4-1/2 stars. Very well done story of a man with extreme PTSD. He had some MAJOR problems and he didn't get over them in a hurry. He was very well written. The heroine was not as well developed and that is really where the story lost the half star. We knew almost nothing about her other that she was a nice woman. They fell in love sort of fast but I'll buy it since she helped him get his head back on straight. I would like to see them somewhere down the road to make sure that they will stay together. There were some really realistic touches like the fact that after seven years under cover in Afganistan, the hero had problems with how much skin the heroine showed. Small touches like that really upped the intense feel of the book.

In the second half of the book we are introduced to a bunch of men who are ex military who work with a private merc type group now. A familiar set up but one I enjoy. So there should be lots of stories to come. The author started the set up of several of the characters stories here and I'll be interested to see if she can keep several story lines running throughout the next books.

Can't wait for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Courage.