Summer's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

May 06, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: romantic, series
Read in May, 2012

Well, I have been hearing from numerous ladies about how awesome this book is. My curiosity got the better of me. This is nothing more than a glorified modern, steamy romance novel, kicked up a couple of notices in the bedroom area. There were parts of it that were pretty good but most of it was an "eye-roller"! ;) I'll see if I'm a glutton for punishment and read the remaining two in the series. While I was reading it several movies came to mind: Pretty Woman, Twilight & The Thomas Crown Affair. All I enjoyed but not them all combined, and then adding the weaponry from an ancient war movie.

Here is my analytical/satirical view: There is something very fascinating in how much women are liking this book. What I think: Innately they need to be "dominated" by a man. In a world where most are trying to make us "equal", whatever that means. The dominant man has been thrown to the wayside then picked up in a gutter, left dirty, and thrown into the bedroom, ready to beat his hairy chest all the while letting the woman tremble at his mighty roar! Life has an ironic way of finding balance.

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Thanks for reading it for me. Now I don't have to. I'm sure tired of all of the hype over it.