Justin's Reviews > Beauty: First Edition

Beauty by Lisa Daily

May 07, 2012

Read from May 06 to 07, 2012

Beauty is a pretty good book. I wouldn't say it's spectacular, but it is a great book if you're looking for something light. Lisa is a great writer, this book is really cute and fun but it also has a great message. I would go into more detail, but I think it's something that would be better if left for when you read the book. I just really enjoyed that aspect of it.

I honestly don't think I would want to go through what Molly does in the book. Sure some of it sounds nice, but when you think long term it really doesn't sound to appealing. I loved how Molly went through all of these situations throughout the book and had to decide what was best for her. When you have the prospect of having pretty much anything you could want dangling in-front of you it would be hard to try and pass something like that up. Those are just a few of the challenges Molly is faced with in the book, it's just interesting watching how it all leads to her making an important decision at the end.

I don't really have much to say about the characters. They weren't bad, but they also weren't great. I really liked Molly and Kemper they were probably the most enjoyable characters. I found Mr. G a little weird, but I think he was a quirky addition to the story. Hudson was great to, especially towards the end. I had thought he would be one of those stuck up guys, but I was surprised. I think the only character I didn't really care for was Hayley. I just didn't care for her at all, especially later in the story. So all in all it was a great cast of characters, they weren't amazing but they were enjoyable.

The ending of the book was really good. As I mentioned earlier, everything that takes place after the event Molly goes through at the start of the book leads up to one huge decision. It's not some huge complex story line, it's just a simple story about what is really important. I think that Lisa did a great job wrapping this book up, I think there was a really great lesson to be learned from Beauty with all of the positive and negative things that come with the wish that Molly made.

Light, fun read. I said it before, but that is the best way to sum up this book. It's well worth reading, as I said it's nothing spectacular but it's still a really good book. It was nice to read something like this after a lot of the books I have been reading lately. I think Lisa did a fantastic job, and I look forward to reading more of her books if she continues to write YA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty.