E.M. Lynley's Reviews > Coffee, Tea and the Mile High Club

2082228
May 06, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read in May, 2012

3.5 stars, but I'm rounding up because of the setting.

Cute short about a flight attendant who's got a crush on his boss, despite the guy being a jerk.

Jake's working a flight to Tokyo and nothing seems to go right. All his friends are hooking up and he's stuck with Evan up in first class. Now I've never been a flight attendant, but first class sound pretty good to me. Not so for Jake. It's only when Jake saves Evan from a potential disaster that Even opens up.

I happen to know the author worked as a flight attendant, so I loved the look behind the curtains into a new world for me: international airlines and what those flight attendants do while we're strapped into our seats.

The story was quite short and thus only gave us Jake's POV. I would like to see more about Evan and have him fleshed out a bit more. I see potential for more stories about this couple and in this setting. HL Holston introduced a cast of supporting characters (perhaps too many for a story this short) but I can see spin-off stories galore with these guys and their international adventures.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coffee, Tea and the Mile High Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.L. (new) - added it

H.L. Holston If you only knew what the entire flight crew gets up to while passengers sleep, you'd blush. :)

E.M. Lynley I sure hope you are going to tell us in future stories!