Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)'s Reviews > Shadow Rising

Shadow Rising by Kendra Leigh Castle

Jul 05, 2012

Read from May 20 to July 04, 2012

Ariane is part of the Grigori. Grigori's are watchers, but can never intervene. Not many of the other dynasties know much about the Grigori. Ariane's only true friend Samuel went missing and going against the rules of her people and consequences be damned, she flees her sheltered life in the desert to search of him. Now those who do this get classified as a deserter and are not looked kindly upon.

Damien Tremien , world weary well known shape shifting thieving assassin that he is for the house of shadows just got a job he couldn't pass up this pay day. Though after continous run-ins with Ariane, this shade just got a partner who just happens to be a tempting and beautiful Grigori . And well Ariane just may have got more then she imagined on this journey of finding her friend .

This is the third book in the series. I have the first two that I will be reading as soon as I can, and reviewing them as well. This can be read as a stand-alone. Castle has found a wonderful job of making sure new readers don't get lost and helping you understand each dynasty and what they are about. Ariane is a sweet, innocent, and soft spoken leading lady, but underneath all that lays a determined woman who is loyal to those she cares for. Not to mention she is strapped with a big sword and knows how to use it. After all, she is a trained Grigori warrior. What else did you think she was learning in the desert all those years? She is fierce when it comes to fighting and I love a leading lady who is soft where it counts and has a back bone when it's needed.

Damien is your sexy shade who thinks he is incapable of caring for anyone. He has no problem lusting after the ladies, but something about Ariane brings out his protective side. He's always as good as his next pay day, and has a mouth on him that makes me want to have a battle of wits with him. I know many of the things that came out of it had me chuckling and shaking my head. Damien isn't the rogue he thinks he is it just took the right woman to prove it.

You will keep turning the pages to watch the romance grow and the spars between them. You can't help but fall in love with these two. Not to mention the mystery of Samuel and a few others you will come to see. Castle has created a unique world with never a dull moment. I am anxious for the next installment and will say you definitely will want to read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Rising.

05/20/2012 page 100
27.0% "hooked me from the start"
05/27/2012 page 135
37.0% "ohhhh Damien im still trying to figure out why i love your banter and cant get enough of it"
06/08/2012 page 200
54.0% "enjoyed some fierce scenes while i was reading out in the sun today"
06/10/2012 page 240
65.0% "now its going by much too fast! really liking this book"
06/11/2012 page 368
100.0% "review to come soon"