Jenny's Reviews > Smart Girls Get What They Want

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

Jun 05, 12

Read from May 31 to June 01, 2012

Quite possibly, this book is my favorite of my summer reads so far.

It's refreshing to finally read about a smart girl, not one who wallows about and waits for a guy to pump up her ego.

By the end of the book, I wanted to worship the ground Gigi walked on. Yes, she's an overachiever and wants perfection. But she was smart and confident (though not all the time), but she faced her fears even when she really didn't want to. I don't want to go on and on and make her sound perfect, because she definitely wasn't. I think I'm more just absolutely relieved to finally read a book about girls who aren't afraid to show off their smarts.

Neerja and Bea I liked as well. Each had a distinct personality with their own set of problems. What was even better, all three girls had adults present in their lives! Woo!

There was romance in this book, a sort of love triangle, if you will. I was uncertain at first which boy to root for, but in the end, I was proud of Gigi's decision.

The book even ends on a funny note that had me laughing (and garnering strange looks from my friend).

The only thing that keeps me from giving this book five stars, was some of the pacing near the beginning of the book. I understood that we needed to know Gigi was smart, but I grew bored reading about how X and Y in algebra relate.

Overall, Smart Girls Get What They Want was a refreshing read that's perfect for the summer time, or any time of year for that matter! Just read it!

2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smart Girls Get What They Want.