Jenny - TotallybookedBlog's Reviews > The Stranger I Married

The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day

May 06, 2012

bookshelves: adult
Read in May, 2012

More like a 4.5 and I only deducted half a star because I liked Seven Years to Sin a little better.

That said, I loved this book. It was simply luscious. If I keep reading these wonderful Historical Romances I'm going to run out of adjectives before too long.

The building of trust between Isabella (Pel) and Gray was slow but by no means tedious. The sexual tension and passion between these two was palpable and built up as the book went on.

I was drawn to these characters and really wanted them to have their HEA after both living through disastrous relationships that made them wary of loving and trusting again.

The secondary characters were all important to the book, and as in Seven Years In Sin, there is another simmering love story that was also blossomed throughout the book.

I devoured every page of this book and Sylvia once again took me on a sweeping journey in time and had me living every moment with the characters.

This is the 3rd book I've read from this author and so far I have loved all 3 and can't wait to read more from her.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger I Married.

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Wheeler I have this one marked too! I thought it sounded pretty good.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog I'm reading Seven Year To Sin....you need to get that one too! It is soooo good!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Wheeler Really? Im checking it out now! To See what its all about... Is there yummy scenes??... I just have finished 4 books this weekend and they were all well kinda lacking... If you know what I mean... Im definitely ready for a juicy book! :)

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog oh well, you definitely wont be let down with this one....there are yummy scenes aplenty!!!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Wheeler OOO Yay! ;)... Thanks for lookin' out!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog ohh yeah can definitely rec Seven Years to Sin for yummy scenes!