Mary's Reviews > Don't Tempt Me

Don't Tempt Me by Loretta Chase

F 50x66
May 09, 12

Read from May 08 to 09, 2012, read count: 1

I feel like this book is a spiritual successor to "Last Night's Scandal", since I enjoyed it more than the latter. The premise is similar, with the back story of childhood acquaintances being reunited, and it also held references to more exotic lands outside of England.

The only issue is that the characters of the story were not as deeply explored as many others by Loretta Chase. Although Lucien has many problems dealing with his emotions, it isn't portrayed well through the rare glimpses into his thoughts. Much of the book is focused on his help with her re-entrance into Society, and although it did not detract from my enjoyment of the story, it left little space to address the deeper feelings of their romance.

Unlike other reviewers, I did not find Zoe's behavior to be strange, and liked how it seemed that her past experiences have changed her views when compared to other Regency heroines. By the end of the story, I was convinced that her English dialogue is slightly off, but whether it is due to it actually being more lyrical or the constant reminders by the author, I am not certain.

The lack of an epilogue, which I have started to take for granted, left me slightly disappointed!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Tempt Me.