Jeannie and Louis Rigod's Reviews > The Wedding Shawl

The Wedding Shawl by Sally Goldenbaum

May 06, 2012

Read on May 06, 2012

As there is a pending wedding in our lives presently, I found this mystery especially compelling and yet, soothing to my Mother of the Bride nerves.

Izzy Chambers, owner of the knitting store is getting married to Sam Perry, a photojournalist. Izzy's Aunt Nell is trying to oversee the entire celebration. The knitting group, Seaside knitters, comprised of Izzy, Nell, Cass, a lobster fisherman, and Birdie, a life long friend of Nell's also share a love of books and so it was natural to sponsor the monthly Book Club with the neighboring book store. This month's speaker chose to tell how cold cases can inspire fiction accounts for murder mystery writers. The problem is...the cold case is not forgotten yet. There were possible witnesses and no one was ever charged with the crime.

Suddenly there is another murder and the Seaside Knitters have a target on their backs.

This book took us from the gaiety of the upcoming wedding to the sorrow of a young woman's passing who was planning her own marriage.

The ending was wonderfully woven together as finely as the knitted wedding shawl of Izzy's. A fine read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Shawl.

05/06/2012 page 166