Emz's Reviews > Stealing Phoenix

Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling

F_50x66
May 06, 12

Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling- what a book. The story takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions, such as sadness, anger, happiness and love. The main character, Phoenix comes from a cruel background, where she had to steal to make her living. Phoenix is a very strong character I felt, her sense of humour making me laugh out loud at some points. I loved her fierceness, her fearlessness, but I also feel she had a certain kind of sadness about her. It was perfect the way Phoenix and Yves were so opposite, yet so alike.
In the story, we see Phoenix get ‘stolen’ by Yves, and his desperate attempts to keep her safe, which also may have put him and his family in jeopardy. It shows the lengths people go to for love. You watch as The Seer creates more and more problems for the Benedict’s as he tries to get something that they have. The book has everything you need for a good story, and I was completely gripped from the moment I started until the moment I finished, and I still wanted more once I was done!
There is no need to have read the first book to understand this one, the story unfolding nicely. You almost immediately know that Phoenix is a savant, with supernatural powers, her’s being an interesting one. I felt the suspense building through- out the book, and at the end I really had no idea which way it was going to go, which was great, because you feel as if you have to keep reading until you reach the end. It was a lovely ending though, one that I didn’t expect either, and it was a nice surprise!
I loved the way that Zed and Sky’s relationship was carried on during the book too, and you got to see a different side of Sky in this book, a side of which you couldn’t help but love. Sky’s influence on Phoenix really helped evolve Phoenix’s character, welcoming her as one of the Benedict’s.
It was a great read, a surprise waiting around every corner. I strongly recommend this book to everyone, and if you like a good action packed romance then this is the book for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Phoenix.