Rebecca Weimert's Reviews > The Plain Janes

F 50x66
May 06, 12

Rebecca Weimert
Graphic Novel

Jane aka Main Jane is devastated when she is forced to move from the city to the suburbs. Jane was a victim of a bombing in the city and her parents do not believe the city is safe anymore. Once in the suburbs Jane struggles to make friends, but she meets a group of girls whose names is also Jane. The Jane’s form a secret club named P.L.A.I.N. and go through the town convincing everyone to love art. The notes and projects they leave however do not convince the citizens, instead they believe the teens are causing trouble. P.L.A.I.N. brings the group closer together and Main Jane learns that moving to suburbs gave her a clean slate to start over.

I enjoyed reading this graphic novel. I believe it taught the reader that it is ok not to be friends with the popular crowd and be yourself. The only part I found confusing was the bombing. The story did not give much detail about it. Also in the story Main Jane wrote to a man she saved in the bombing. This seemed out of place in the story, and if removed would not change the storyline.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plain Janes.