Paige (TheBookVulture)'s Reviews > Whispering Hills

Whispering Hills by Taryn Browning

**I will be updating my review soon. But for now, it's 2am and I'm tired and this probably won't make much sense.**

I had a lot of problems with this book.

Firstly, instalove. Chance and Alexis were thrown together way, WAY too early. And then - after like 1 kiss - they start saying "I love you" to each other. Ugh. Ruined what could've been an amazing romance. They also met in chapter one. Far too early. It needed to be spread out; I mean, this is only book one. It really needed to be paced better.

My next problem is the pace. The romance was too fast. There were several moments where the pace would speed up and slow down. It just became so confusing. And I grew really bored, really fast.

So many things didn't make sense. So many times, things would not get explained as they should have. It was all SO rushed. It needed to slow down. The entire book needed to be longer.

There were so many grammatical mistakes. I can't even begin to explain how much I despise grammatical errors. Also, in my copy of the book, there were NO SPACES DIVIDING ONE PARAGRAPH FROM ANOTHER. Wow this pissed me off. So much. It would jump around and every time it would take me a couple of sentences before I realized the book had jumped ahead in time.

I probably would've finished it if not for all my issues with this book. There is a lot I haven't mentioned above that I also disliked. It was just so sloppy and amateurly written. It did not hold my attention and, for the life of me, I just couldn't finish it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispering Hills.