Kiki's Reviews > Ink

Ink by Amanda Sun

Oct 10, 15

Read from October 05 to 10, 2015

Ugh, so disappointing. I loved the first half, but the second completely ruined it for me. Argh.

Review to come.
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ink.

10/05 marked as: currently-reading
10/07 page 144
39.0% "I'm REALLY enjoying this."
10/07 page 147
10/08 page 210
56.0% "Getting real sick of Ishikawa's bullshit. This dude is a complete idiot."
10/08 page 211
57.0% "SHUT UP YUKI GODDAMN IT" 1 comment
10/08 page 217
58.0% ""My heart was glass--easy to see through, simple to break". Lovely. I'm confused as to why this book has a low rating and poor reception. I'm really enjoying it. For me it's one of the better, more balanced, more carefully crafted YA PNRs." 3 comments
10/09 page 217
58.0% "Are you FUCKING kidding me? Book, you just lost like 2 stars. I mean srsly, is this even real? This is literally one of the most problematic things I have EVER SEEN in YA PNR. This is FUCKED up."
10/09 page 243
65.0% "(Last status update should have been for page 243.)"
10/09 page 253
68.0% "If the Kami are so important to the Yakuza, then why the hell did they send these three useless goons to collect one? Aren't there more efficient, better trained, or even just MORE, scouts out there?"
10/10 marked as: read

message 1: by Nadine (new) - added it

Nadine looking forward to you review :-)

message 2: by Farhin (new) - added it

Farhin That's exactly what I'm thinking :L

Julianna Helms It's fantastic, as far as I can tell from page 200-something. :)

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I don't know, apparently there is a 'fake' rape scene. That completely turned me off the book.

Kiki Jessica wrote: "I don't know, apparently there is a 'fake' rape scene. That completely turned me off the book."

Oh my god! WTF? Okay, okay, going to do some more research on this one before I pick it up. Jeez...

Ainsley Jade It's not...I'd be interested to see your review

message 7: by Érica (new) - added it

Érica Really curious about your review. I've been wanting to read this one for a while now

The Romantic Cynic Yep, pretty much my reaction. What is this with fantastic beginnings and mediocre endings? I'm noticing a trend.