Christina (Ensconced in Lit)'s Reviews > Kill Me

Kill Me by Alex Owens

May 06, 12

bookshelves: librarything-wins
Read on May 06, 2012

I won this novel from a member librarything giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

Kill Me is about Claire, a housewife turned professional mom, who is struggling to deal with her now dead beat husband as well as trying to make ends meet. She goes on a business trip that suddenly completely changes her life, and she meets the enigmatic Bette.

I had so much fun reading this book. I will put it out there that this is in no ways a book for kids or teens-- this is more for older women; and at times, I too thought I wasn't old enough for it! But this delightfully fun novel turns the stereotypical feeder of the night story on its head and indulges in more than just a little girl power. I blazed through it in one day and loved how it ended! I don't want to give away its secrets, but just believe me when I say it is well worth reading!

Overall, a fun, indulgent novel that will appeal to any woman who has struggled with being a working mom and wished for secret powers.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christina (Ensconced in Lit) hmmm... not sure if I'm old enough to read this ;-)