Becky's Reviews > Death Masks

Death Masks by Jim Butcher

May 06, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, humorous, multi-dimensional, mystery-and-thrillers, mythology, ebook_nook, religion-y, reviewed, romance-y, vampires, owned
Read from May 12 to 14, 2012

Best Dresden Yet. The people who told me that the series just keeps getting better and better were not lying. I loved this one.

So many different storylines converged here, and it was SO EXCITING! I seriously didn't want to put this one down.

That is all.

Wait, no... The only thing I think would have improved this book would be to scrap the recap of past books and the way the world in the series is. This is book 5... Pretty sure I get it that Harry's a wizard by now.

Otherwise, I seriously really and truly loved this and cannot wait to see where the series goes from here.

NOW that is all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Masks.

05/12/2012
05/13/2012
19.0% ""Tall and broad-shouldered, his close-cut hair dark and feathered with silver, Michael Carpenter snapped the blade of his broad sword, Amoracchius, to one side, clearing droplets of blood from it."

Is it wrong that I find this line incredibly sexy? O_o" 1 comment
05/13/2012
83.0% "O_O The badassity on this one goes to eleven."
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Ben (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ben Babcock Wow, this book came out 9 years ago. It’s hard to believe I’ve bought 5 Dresden Files in hardcover as they were published. It seems like just yesterday I was in Grade 11, ordering all the as-yet-published books online, waiting for the box to arrive so I could tear through them after the satisfying read of Storm Front ….

But I digress. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the evolution of the series so far. Death Masks introduces a lot of subplots and characters who become important in subsequent books. I love the Archive.