Barth's Reviews > A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather Than Nothing

A Universe from Nothing by Lawrence M. Krauss

May 15, 12

Read from May 06 to 15, 2012

I have a headache. I think I will read a nice, light, and humorous novel next -

A difficult subject to distill down for a non-physicist audience, but in that regard I think Krauss has done a very good job. Unfortunately, I find his writing style choppy and some what circular leaving even the non-technical parts of the book a challenge to follow. I also found too much editorial on the subject of God and whether there is any place for him in this theory of "Something from Nothing". Krauss makes it clear he does not think there is, and that's fine, but he keeps going back to this theme over and over again make it as much a treatise on the proof of atheism as it is a book on the most current theory on the origins of the universe.

In the end, I have a better understanding of the successes and remaining challenges of uniting Einstein's theory of relativity with that of quantum mechanics and am in awe of the brilliant scientist who have dedicated their careers on doing so.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Universe from Nothing.