Catherine's Reviews > Infamous

Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

May 06, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, young-adult, ya-pnr-supernatural, vampires, demons, shifters, reviewed
Read on May 06, 2012, read count: 1

Having said that I won’t bother reading any more of Kenyon’s books in my review of Invincible, I’m not quite sure why I picked this book up. I was reading Above by Leah Bobet, and not really enjoying it so maybe that’s why, but I’m pleasantly surprised by the fact that I didn’t hate Infamous.

Whereas I found the humour and sarcasm in the first two books irritating and overdone, I actually laughed at some of Nick’s antics in this one. I even liked him…and I’m feeling a bit confused by it.

Infamous actually seemed to make more sense to me, unlike Infinity where we had video games that turned people in zombies, or Invincible where I don’t even remember what happens except that it had really shitty fight scenes. Infamous, on the other hand, fit in more with the Dark Hunter books in that it focused more on the demons, so that it actually feels more like a spin-off of the Dark Hunter books, rather than a silly series written for the sake of all the Nick Gautier fans.

It’s still a little childish at times and things happen a little too conveniently to be a great book, but I can finally see how this is going to fit into the Dark Hunter books, and it has made me want to continue on with DH series, which I’d given up on a while ago, to find out more about how Nick ends up as Ambrose. He seems a pretty sweet kid here, so I’m intrigued.

I didn’t come across anything that seriously bugged me, and I finished this book feeling fairly happy. It’s definitely the best out of the series so far, and I will be reading the next book, and I’m considering revisiting the Dark Hunter series too.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infamous.